Time and attendance- the process of tracking worked hours. In today’s world, electronic time keeping systems allow employees to clock in and out via time clocks, internet-connected computers, mobile devices, and even telephones.
The data is instantly transferred into software that can seamlessly import it into your payroll solution-i.e. My HR Professionals
Most quality systems do more than just track your employees time. They also:
- Monitor mobile employees via geolocation and geofencing
- Know real-time data on who is working, who is not, who showed up late and even what employees are nearing overtime
- Manage paid time off (PTO) and vacation in real-time
- Create employee schedules
- Provide detailed labor data for employee reporting and job-costing
- Have multiple clock options to fit the need of the employer
Examples of time clock options:
- Biometric (fingerprint)
- Numeric key pad
- Web based with I.P. restriction options
- App based with GPS features
- Call-in options
While many employers may view online timekeeping systems as purely an undesired cost, the employers that have utilized a quality system has found that it can create major cost savings.
One example of that is time theft – When employees round up or down, or perhaps utilize some method of buddy punching in order to gain time and subsequently money on their paycheck.
Another cost benefit can be in the form of a Department of Labor audit. The burden of proof is on the employer, meaning guilty until proven innocent. Improper timekeeping protocols can result in an inability to provide the proof necessary to avoid paying additional money to settle back wages.
There are a vast number of time and attendance options available on the market. Make sure you perform the due diligence of finding a good system that offers multiple features, is user friendly, and has a knowledgeable partner to help implement your timekeeping solution.
My HR Professionals believe that our timekeeping solution provides all this and more. If you have interest in learning more about the benefits and cost of a good timekeeping solution contact us today.